Filtering a Dropdown from a value in a List of Texts

Hi

I am trying to filter the contents of a dropdown to show only Suppliers from my Company table - where Companies have a Status field which contains a List of Company Statuses (from a look up table). I can’t figure this out - any suggestions?

Any suggestions welcome!

Julian

Did you try “is in” for the constraint condition to check weather the status is in your list? A picture / model of your data would help :slight_smile:

There is no 'is in option - only those shown:

The structure is basically like this:

I need to be able to filter based upon the value “Supplier” which is a value of the Status field in table Company Statuses.

Not sure if this is possible but it would be great if it was!

Hmm, ok

How about this:

Choices Source = Search for Companies (constraint: Statuses contains (Search for Status (constraint Status = “XYZ”)) MERGED WITH Search for Companies (constraint: Statuses contains (Search for Status (constraint Status = “HIJ”)) MERGED WITH …

I am struggling with the stasus Object. Is it something like “Founded” or “Closed” or what? How can a company have several statusses? If it would have only one, it would be easy :slight_smile:

I know - I may change the structure (it’s bad database practice to use multi value fields anyway)!

The statuses are things like Supplier, Client, Prospect - it is perfectly possible to be a Client and Supplier at the same time.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. I have got a similar structure and I call it “type”.

Now decided to use a field called IsSupplier on the Company table - problem solved!