Free Unlimited Video Conferencing! 🌏

Hi @sudsy,

Absolutely agree on the recommendation of password protecting the conference call. This is built into Jitsi, but isn’t a default. So, upon entering a meeting, the moderator of the meeting can set a password, and provide that to the list of attending.

The tutorial video I’m almost finished with includes a how-to on the following:

• Setup Jitsi Meet on Digital Ocean
  • Remove Jitsi Watermark
  • How to redirect to your site of choice upon ending a call
  • Free SSL Certificate through LetsEncrypt
5 Likes

Hey Shot

I think the random string is also needed to avoid creating calls with the same names.
But definitelly password protection is a good idea for privacy features.
I saw the bad news about Zoom and its better to avoid such problems.

1 Like

Yeah, good point. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot for this!

Let us know when that tutorial is ready so we can get into it.

Awesome! Following this :+1:

Here you go @sudsy @di_lucena @ambroisedlg :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You da man! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

We’ve added a tutorial at nocodify.com for how to implement video chat on your app (using Jitsi) for your users.

The tutorial encompasses:

• How a user ‘Starts’ a video chat
  • How other users can see upcoming video chats
  • How they can join in a video chat

The tutorial shows how to display the video chats within your bubble app pages.

Great for workshop apps, and really anything!

2 Likes

This is awesome @lantzgould, thank you for the step by step video. Looking forward for the your plugin.
Happy Easter!
Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you @richardaxeoz :slight_smile:

Happy Easter!

1 Like

Is embedded version possible to be mobile responsive?

1 Like

Hi,

Jitsi by default on mobile will want you to open in the Jitsi mobile app. If you’re running jitsi on your own, this is possible by editing the config.js file and setting the:

disableDeepLinking: true,

2 Likes

@Nocodify , Thanks for sharing a wonderful video of video conferencing software. This video tutorial helps me and your followers.

Of course! Thank you!

@lantzgould - this is awesome, thanks so much.

anyone know how to solve for the fact that when you are hosting the chat in an iframe and resize the browser window you are forced to log back into the video chat? I think this is because of how bubble handles iframes?

I’m curious if anyone has had any luck finding a hosting service that will provide Jitsi as a service? Meaning, they manage the installation, servers, upgrades, etc? I can’t seem to find one online. I’d gladly pay a monthly fee to have this “as a service” so I don’t have to manage the server side.

I’m guessing it’s against Jitsi’s terms to do something like that?

1 Like

@lantzgould thanks for sharing amazing tutorials and zoom integration source url.

Hey, do you know how I can enable a login/signup prompt before the person gets access to the video chat - like how it happens on zoom? On zoom you need to add your name and email before getting into the chat - just like that.

I think you will have to do that within bubble.
Just manage the workflows to prompt a popup asking for credentials or a login popup before navigating to the video.

Yeah, that I did, you can’t access the page where I have embedded the video chat unless you sign in. But then jitsi also provides internal links that can be shared to invite others. I wanted to prevent doing that.