How to show images from 2 data types in a repeating group

I am trying to show images on a repeating group coming from 2 different data types. The way i’ve set up the database is:

• Logo image: image
  • Other images: List of images

I want the repeating group to show the logo image as the 1st image and then the “other images” right after. I tried multiple things but couldn’t figure it out (even tried a slideshow).

Any help would be appreciated!! Link to app: Product-hunt-clone-bootcamp | Bubble Editor

This is what I get right now - just the logo image being repeated.

1 Like

Hey :wave:

That can be a tough one. Since bubble doesn’t allow us to change repeating group data types dynamically, we have to think a little outside of the box to get it to work.

So what I would do is have the repeating group data type as an image. That way, as long as the results are both images, you can display them in the same repeating group.

Does that make sense?

Or if they are the same data type but just two different fields, one as a single image and the other as a list, you might try something like making the single image displayed ‘as a list’ possibly. Then merge both lists together. That might work if that’s the issue.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

Thanks @J805 - any way you can share a few screenshots of what you’re thinking? I’m a Bubble newbie so I follow what you’re saying, but can’t conceptualize it yet.

Sure. I’m not at my computer right now. I might be able to do that tomorrow for you. :blush:

Hey @J805 just checking in :slightly_smiling_face: Sorry this has been bugging me and I can’t figure it out lol

I might be able to set up an example after my next session today. Sorry, I was completely booked all day yesterday. :blush:

Hey @marco.fuentes1810 :wave:

Here is the example you can take a look at, this merges a single image field with a list of images into one repeating group.

Editor: Test805421 | Bubble Editor

Preview: https://test805421.bubbleapps.io/version-test/merge_images_list/1628028688139x924409083780382200?debug_mode=true

Hope that helps! :blush:

3 Likes

Hey @J805 thank you so much!! I will take a look at it and I really appreciate you taking the time to help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No problem. :blush:

It worked!! Thanks again @J805 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! :raised_hands:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.