Letting Users Add Custom Fields

I’ve searched the Bubble forum and can’t seem to find a topic that could help me with this. I’m looking to add a data type where users could create their own custom field that they could attach to a lead. So an example would be the field name and then the field type would be text, a date, number, or a dropdown where they could select from a list of options they create. Does anyone know of a way I could do this?

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 2.26.59 PM

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 2.29.04 PM

I have been able to do that by creating a repeating group that holds all the different types in groups. Then depending on what type was chosen I would only show that group. If the type is dropdown, show only the dropdown group. Which then has a dropdown in it. This allows them to choose any option. I’m sure someone else might have a better way. It did work for me though. Does that make sense?

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
  • No-Code Classes
1 Like

Thanks, @J805. That does make sense.

1 Like

Glad it makes sense. :blush:

I would also be interested to hear about whether there is another/better method to do this?

I’m looking to allow users to create their own custom ‘Forms’ which can be completed by their followers on purchase

2 Likes

Did anyone got around doing this but instead of in a datatype “row” base doing in a datatype base?
What I mean is, when a custom field is created, add it to all existing entries of this datatype, and when a new “Lead” is created, automatically add the custom field previously created to it as empty.

@zavitac this was the only way I found to do it. It works pretty well.

1 Like