Move data to another [SOLVED]

Hello people,

Can you please assist me on the following issue?
I have little knowledge about programming.

I am trying to move data from the top repeating group into the repeating group A. The problem is that it becomes a list of text but what I want is to make it into individual data like initially.

Please pardon my bad explanation. I can allow you to access the app if needed but please teach me how as currently its in private.

Thank you

Hey @ben.nes :slight_smile: Welcome to the Forum!

Happy to help, you can set your app to public by clicking Settings (left side of the screen) --> Application Rights --> “Everyone can edit”. Then copy+paste the link here and that will allow us to temporarily access the app.

1 Like

Here is the link! thank you very much!

No problem! :slight_smile: Can you provide more information on what information you’d like to be shown, and when it should be shown, in Group A? For example, does the User click a button next to one of the addresses in the ‘mapping’ first group, which then adds it to Group A?

1 Like

What I wanted to do is to select addresses from “daily address” and then place them into “mapping”. After that, I will click on group A and all the data from “mapping” will be stored in “mapping group A”.

The problem comes in when the data is stored as a string of data but not an individual cell. The problem I face is to create new thing and add all the data from “mapping” into “mapping group A”.

Let me know I you need more detail :sweat_smile: programming is hard to put into words

Haha, very true! Sounds good, :slight_smile: So for example, a User is looking at the Daily Address Group, then adds a few addresses to the ‘Mapping’ group. Then you want the User to be able to view all information about Four Different ‘Mapping’ Items in Groups A, B, C, D?

1 Like

So what I want is that when user click on “group A”, the data from “mapping” will be moved to “Mapping group A”. Which means that data will no longer be with “mapping” but transferred to “mapping group A”.

1 Like

Ok great, :slight_smile: I don’t think you need the data types for the Groups A, B, C, D, and instead can just place another field on the Map Selection Data Type to keep track of the Group Letter (A, B, C or D). I set this as ‘Group’ (type: Text, List: No):

But when the User clicks ‘Group A’, the list of Map Selections have their Group Fields changed to ‘A’:

They will not appear in the Map Selection repeating group anymore because I added a constraint which says to only show Map Selections where the group is empty:

And the Group A repeating group only shows Map Selections where the Group is equal to A:

I didn’t set up the other workflows just incase this isn’t what you had in mind, but if it is - you would just need to set up the workflows for the Group B, C, and D buttons to change the Map Selections Group to B, C, or D. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve spent hours finding the solution yet you made it look so simple :joy:

Exactly what I am looking for! But now comes a little problem. How can I display each different groups in their own repeating groups?

Eg. All “group A” in the first repeating group and all “group B” in the 2nd repeating group?

1 Like

I figured out what you did. You made constraints to the Repeating group. Therefore, it only shows “Group A” for example.

Thank you once again! Thumbs up for your capability to understand my poorly stated problem!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you got it working and no problem at all! :slight_smile: