Native mobile app

Where do I specify my app as native app, so I can view the native app using Bubble iOS app.

1 Like

Also does it produce a pure native app or its an mobile hybrid app. Does it support OS features like GPS, push notifications, camera/Photos access.

Double-click the background of the page you want to be a mobile app, and towards the top (underneath where you name your page) youā€™ll see a checkbox that allows to specify that the page is a native app.

Iā€™m finishing up my own native app at the moment. Right now, the features are limited (to my knowledge, no GPS or push notifications, but you can access camera/photos if your users go to upload one) but Bubble is going to have a big mobile rollout in the near future with new features.

Check out these other forum posts as well:

2 Likes

How can I navigate to a new screen for a native app, it shows an issue ā€˜Change page action should not be used in a native app pageā€™

As in the linked post above, you create a Group per ā€œpageā€. And then have a Custom State for ā€œCurrent Pageā€. On each group you have a Condition that hides / shows the group depending on the Customer State.

1 Like

Thanks Nigel.

I am looking for a way to geo code an address, can anybody suggest.

Also how do I add a standard menu control for a mobile app which is typically found on the top left top corner on the status bar to slide in menu options on the screen

Nigel, which link post are you talking about?

Hi there,

This one here has plenty of detail on the mobile app and hiding groups.

Geocoding - If you mean how to turn an address into a Lat/Long ā€¦ ā€œIt just worksā€ :smile: Have an input with type address, then save on the database. It will save the Lat/Long for you, so you can show on a map etc. Be aware that the GPS doesnā€™t show in the ā€œData Viewā€ but you can pull it out easily should you need.

The ā€œhamburgerā€ menu control is a plugin. It is called ā€œSlideable Menuā€.

You add the options to the control. And then handle each option in a Workflow Action.

1 Like

@natedogg Whatā€™s up Nateā€¦

For your native app, what width did you use?

Cheers!

@TobyCargo Best width options would probably be either 320 or 640. I went with 640 myself. If you use the Slidebar Menu though, it seems like it was built for a width of 320.

You shouldnā€™t go wrong with either, though. Your app will auto-adjust to the screen sizes of iPads, etc.

1 Like

Thanks Nate!

Hi,

I have a question about the native page.
Should it be the index page ?
Or can i create a new page with a specific screen and then make a link to my index page ?
thanks !

No it doesnā€™t have to be the index page. However, when we send you the zip file, we need to know which page that is, and you canā€™t change that after (or you need to resubmit to the App Store).

1 Like

Ouch.
Well, will ask you for a new zip file tomorrow :grin:

Both native and hybrid are ways to fulfill the different needs and preferences of users and developers, and none of them can be thought as a perfect solution. They have their strengths and weaknesses and it is up to you to decide which of them fits you better and which one you will use in your application. Java training in chennai

I hope my information will be useful for you: custom mobile app development company can offer all types of mobile apps (also native mobile apps). As well you can find there interesting blog with relevant articles

@natedogg Hey Nate, just wondering if you ended up finishing and publishing your native app. If so, could you share an iTunes link so I can check out the interface?

Thanks!

@georgedimopoulos19 I actually didnā€™t publish the one that I was working on when I posted in this thread.

Iā€™ve got one that Iā€™m submitting to Apple currently, but it got rejected because of some iPad resolution issues. Iā€™ll post a link once I get it approved.

1 Like

@george_dmop Just got approved by Apple last night! Hereā€™s a link to the first version of my app. (Note, to show any data, youā€™ll have to manually change your location to Savannah, GA in the app. Itā€™s the only city I have data for currently.)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ontherocks-find-best-drink/id1093369204?ls=1&mt=8

4 Likes

Awesome man congrats. Checking it out now