Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[New Feature] Uploading files to the root directory

Hey @Emmanuel any update on a workflow to upload a file to the root directory?

2 Likes

appdomainurl.com/rootfilename Is this not possible? AWS seems to be the storage for the root file? Looks like a dead end… although I’m usually missing something. @emmanuel congrats on the funding by the way. So glad to be a part of what you are doing.

NOTE: it works. The file name needs to include the .extension

Dogecoin is next. @BillyM2k on twitter and @bubble should be super community friends. :slight_smile:

@serviluvapp
You need to do Https://domain/.filename

1 Like

Hi, any update on workflow or api access to root directory?

The app I’m building needs to be able to server an xml file, which ideally gets updated/overwritten via the above workflows/api access. Thanks!

2 Likes

Has this been built yet?

I’m also here hoping for workflow/API access to the root dir files. I need to automatically update our sitemap via a workflow. I can’t use the sitemap configuration in the settings because we have some hacky urls in the app.

1 Like

@chris.williamson1996 Facing the same problem, the file is viable under AWS’s original domain, but not my domain. I’ve included .extension.

https://domain/.filename

It’s important to have period before the name of the file.

Problem solved, thanks Chris! The key takeaways are:

1. filename is not a comment but will actually be used in the URL, so avoid using non-Latin letters and using the original file name is recommended.
  2. No need for period before the filename, but do pay attention to development/live versioning, as it matters to your file URL.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Here’s what I put in the settings:

I’ve tried accessing this file at mydomain.com/Podgenie.xml and mydomain.com/PodGenie_v2/Podgenie.xml and I get errors with both methods. Ideas?

I need it too!