📤 New Plugin - Native share by EzCode

Update v3.2.0

• Added support for GoNative

You can use it without any changes in the logic, the plugin will auto detect if it is a GoNative wrapper.

hello, I subscribed to this plugin but it doesn’t work with @gaurav BDK native. It only works when i’m on browser.

Hi, sorry for late response.
Our plugin works as expected in browsers but not in all WebView wrappers.

This is from plugin documentation:
#WebView wrappers
- Supports GoNative
- Supports React-Native use action "React-native: trigger Share Menu

If BDK native are using React-Native then you can implement it if you have access to the app code.

If you need any help contact us via PM and we’ll try to help you.

No worries, I changed it up.

Hey @gaffneyantonio,
You can share things directly in bdk native (BN - Share text / BN - Share media) action

Yep, that’s what i’m using now :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,

I bought your Native Share and it works perfectly except when I want to send text to a thermal printer.

The text is distorted and doesn’t print correctly.

The text also doesn’t print as ordered from Bubble. Text in multiple lines prints out as a single line.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? Is there a way we can work together on this?

Kindly let me know if you can

Hi,
could you please send a photo on how it looks when printed? Send it in PM

No I think it is on the plugin end because we didn’t test it with a printer:)

Are there any updates here on browsers supported? Will you be introducing Chrome for iOS?

Hey @coletfroberts , unfortunately it’s under relations between Apple and google, so it’s hard to handle this, we trying to find solution but for this moment we don’t have ideas how to to add this functionality

Maybe somebody have ideas how to handle this ? Will be great to receive some ideas

Regards Pavel, EzCode Team !

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply - makes sense. Do you know if a user sets chrome as their default browser in iOS, this would function as intended?

The plugin has a state Is Device Supported it will be NO if the Browser is not supported. You can work with that, so for example if it is No, then don’t run the plugin action and run something else.

Hi @ezdev

On your demo, when sharing as SMS, the URL is recognized, and image thumbnail is shown, which looks great:

But when I install the plugin it on my app, the URL is not recognized and no thumbnail image is shown:

What am I doing wrong?

Relatedly, does this plugin pull the thumbnail image from the Page’s “Image (for FB)” or from the app Settings - SEO/Metatags “Thumbnail used for links”?

Hi!

The plugin doesn’t pull anything, this is a native feature that pulls the image automatically from the app metatags. The plugin only shares the link.

Setup your Thumbnail used for links in the app Settings

Hi,

I’m using the BN - share text function for my app and it’s been built with BDK. I’ve discovered that the share button works on iPhones but is not working on iPad so Apple rejected the app. Did you have this same issue? And if so, how did you resolve it?
Thanks
Shannon

My app wasn’t set up with iPad. I only did mobile. Sorry.

That’s actually more helpful than you know. I was under the impression that I could not launch for iPhone only, and that it had to work on an iPad to be accepted by Apple. I will contact them and see if I can move forward with an iPhone only launch. Thank you.

@eazycode @ezdev I noticed this plugin returns “device not supported” for Instagram /Facebook in app browsers.

There should be a way to get the share sheet to work though, because Airbnb and plenty of other websites have native share sheets opening in those in app browsers (I just tested).

Can you release a fix?

Do a test with this official demo of this feature. If it doesn’t work, then what you saw on airbnb and others is a custom made feature.

@ezdev I just tested using the link you shared and confirmed that there is a bug with this plugin. The link you shared is able to pull up the share sheet.

To reproduce, add the official link you shared to an instagram profile bio. Then tap the link to pull up the in app browser and you’ll see the share sheet work. It won’t work in a bubble app linked in Instagram/Facebook though