[PLUGIN UPDATE] - Date & Timezone Tools v2

Date & Timezone Tools has been revamped and updated. This plugin lets you work with local dates & times as they relate to UTC (Universal Time Code). Useful when you need to know what local timezone your users are working in and to translate those dates to a common timezone (UTC or otherwise)

Some useful features were added to simplify implementation and reduce confusion. Bug fixes were also added.

This update is a total overhaul from the v1 plugin and requires that you replace all existing page elements and rebuild existing expressions.

New features:

• Get the name of the userā€™s timezone i.e. ā€œAmerica/New Yorkā€ (no IE11 - works in modern browsers)
  • Returns a date directly from the plugin rather than just a UTC offset value in hours.
  • Returns a unix timestamp output
  • New demo page that more-clearly shows the functionalities of the plugin
  • General polishing of the UI / better labeling of functionalities

Bug fixes:

• Fix page element outputs that were getting ā€˜locked upā€™
  • Corrected offset values in certain situations
5 Likes

Hi Jon, it says I donā€™t have permission to view the editor of the demo page, is that still possible? Iā€™m just confused how the elements and actions work together

The view permissions needed to be set on the demo app. See if you can view now.

I sure can. Thank you very much.

Does this works with daylight savings time?

Right now Iā€™m Eastern Daylight time and I show a -20 offset. (I thought it would be -4)

Does this mean when I go back to eastern standard time my offset will be -19?

EDIT: I guess I show a 4 offset. Forgive me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I got -20

Itā€™s back to displaying -20 as my offset. canā€™t figure out why?

Can you send me a view link to the editor?

I have a plugin author as my one collab right now. However I havenā€™t been able to reproduce it in the last 2 days (itā€™s been 4 and -4)

Maybe it was vpn related (Although currently logging in on my vpn reads 4 and -4)

The time is pulled from your browser/system. It may be possible that the VPN has the authority to change this based on your config although Iā€™ve not personally heard of anything like that

So one clue: I logged in at 11:55pm and it was 20 and -20 ā€“ after midnight it went back to 4 and -4

Itā€™s 10:15pm here EST and Iā€™m showing 20 and -20 again. I will try to remember to check at 7pm and after 8pm (when my time zone is different date than the UTC.)

i had an amazon s3 issue with that: https://github.com/akka/alpakka/issues/1694

EDIT: Iā€™m really stupid. It should change from 4 to 20 once the date changes if Iā€™m only looking at the time.

I think I uncovered the issue. Please update and let me know.

seems to work! 10pm and itā€™s displayin 4 and -4 - thank you!

Hi @jon2,

Canā€™t work out what Iā€™m doing wrong (or if there is a bug).

Iā€™m using the Set Time of Day plugin, and saving to the DB with UTC time.

It all works fine except for whenever I try to save something for the 1st April. It defaults it to the 1st March. Thatā€™s the only date I get the problem - works fine for every other day in the calendar Iā€™ve tried.

It would be a good April fools joke - if I could turn it off!!!

Thanks