[Plugin Update: Oct 17, 2019] BDK Text Editor

Hey @eren,
Seems to be working fine on my end (maybe try putting the editor inside a group?): https://www.loom.com/share/88c2472b662c494a83b36e22684364e4

can you PM me the link of the page you recorded in your post

It’s already in a group

I’ve sent PM.

Hey Gaurav!

Any fix for this issue when the editor is inside a group, inside a group?

Hey @joe5

Did you try to add a CSS class that changes the z-index?

I didn’t! Something I can paste in?

For that i need to know where to do it. I need to examine the app. Do you have a published version that has this problem?

will DM you!

1 Like

Hi Joe,
Sorry about the delay in fixing this. I will look into it and get it fixed soon. In a bit of transit so response time will be longer than usual :frowning:

no worries! Ali helped fix it with a plugin for now but looking forward to your fix :v:

1 Like

Hi!

I am having an issue with the Height Increase when I leave the chat and come back under a different chat. Okay the first time though. It is evident that it blocks the last message sent in this condition

This is the initial correct behaviour

Another issue is with Iphone. The @mention list drops down hence difficult to select unlike in android which populates on top of the bdk text editor. Happy if you could help @gaurav .

The BDK text editor is in a Floating Group so I don’t know if that is causing the issues.

Thanks,
Amos [Teknospur]

Hi @koechamos51,
Can you DM me a link of the setup editor so that I can take a look?

Edit: This was resolved over DM

Hi @gaurav I just had a quick question I was hoping you could help with.

I was wondering if there’s any way to change this behaviour. Here’s a sample of the text editor in our application below. You’ll notice that when you press enter to add a line or go down, the cursor always stays at the bottom of the text input window and it moves the top part with the formatting up and up until it’s off the screen:

Screen Recording 2020-01-02 at 10.24.13 AM

We are more used to Salesforce.com chatter where it works opposite like this:

Screen Recording 2020-01-02 at 10.24.35 AM

See how it works differently? Right now with the input box as you enter more lines, the top ones move up and off the page. With Salesforce as you enter more lines the top is always visible, and you have to scroll down to see the bottom. We’re just more used to that so I find the way it works right now feels odd to us and was just wondering if there’s a setting or something with Bubble to have it function like Salesforce does? Hope that makes sense!

Hmm interesting ask @lmoreau … So that behavior comes from the library. I will see if there’s a way to change it.

Btw while the salesforce approach may look great when you’re adding blank lines or limited text, I recommend considering another case - what if the user is typing / pasting more content. For example, what if you paste an a few lines of text & image, and assume its tall enough to go beyond the height of the page. In this salesforce approach, the user will continue seeing the top which the cursor (next typed text) will be beyond the page, which is likely a bad UX. Mostly people expect the cursor to be visible and go to next line when typing in text inputs no?

Hello! I think it’s definitely a mix, the Salesforce UI is by no means perfect, we’ve just used it for years so when trying your plugin it felt like it wasn’t working properly or something. It was also finding that depending on where I put the element, any time I’d press enter it would jump the text box to the top of the page. So for example if the text box was near the lower part of the page and you click it, you can type as normal, but if you then press enter, it shoots the text box up to the top of the page scrolling you down.

To get around this though I ended up instead just disabling the auto resizing and set the input boxes to be a fixed height with scrolling which seems to work.

Quick side question though, is there any way with Bubble or your plugin to have it so that the bdk text box by default is only 1 or 2 lines tall, but when the user clicks in it, it then resizes to 10 or so lines? That’s what Salesforce does today as well, it just has it like a single input box line with post beside it, and when you click in the box it then expands to the full size. Not a huge issue was just curious. I didn’t see any way to do this with conditional formatting in Bubble as there didn’t seem to be an option for “when this text box is pressed change the height to xxx.”

Hi @gaurav - Looking for help with a “reset data” for the bdk text editor.

I’m using the BDK Text editor as an input in a workflow. I also use dynamic placeholders. My issues is with resetting your text editor when I press the submit button. I’ve set the button to reset the group, the larger group, the “relevant inputs” and still no luck with your text editor resetting itself. Both the dynamic placeholder data and any data that the user types in manually do not reset.

Am I missing a setting on the editor itself?

I just got your editor, so sorry if I’m missing something obvious.

Not really and from first glance I believe it would be a time consuming thing to build :frowning:

Hi @brad.h
Thanks for identifying this bug. It looks like bubble’s reset relevant inputs on group doesn’t automatically run the reset action on text editor. Not sure if bubble changed something. You can run the ‘clear contents’ element action on the text editor which does the same thing.

Best,
Gaurav

1 Like

@gaurav That worked! Thanks for the quick reply. I didn’t realize your plugin added a full new category in element actions. Very nice. Here’s an image for anyone else who runs into this.

1 Like

@gaurav Hey! Would love to use this editor but I can’t seem to get it to display the initial content I’ve already saved using Bubble’s rich text editor. Any thoughts?

I can only get something to display if I set it to text. And the content is a mess then with all sorts of formatting tags.

hello @gaurav I’m using this plugin for my blog and i’m having an issue with the editor showing the saved data of the parent groups thing.

It’s really weird because upon first page load, I can choose a blog post and it will show the data just fine. It’s only after I save that post as a draft that it doesn’t update when I enter into a different drafted post.

I inspected the element and it shows what the content should be, however, it’s not reflected in regular preview. it seems like it’s just stuck. see below.

I just subscribed to this plugin and I’m having major issues.