Postmark is awesome

Yes, the html body from the debugger output is the image on the left.

I inserted the debug output into the database, then copied it from the record to a code editor/viewer.

Yeah, sure, but letā€™s take one step back, can you share the HTML before it enters the plugin action?

Sureā€¦ sending you a DM so I donā€™t muddy up the forum thread.

Hello @vini_brito,

First, good job with the Postmark plugin man :slight_smile:.

I was wondering how to use a template from Postmark with your plugin?

Thanks a lot.

Hello Ryan! Templates are not implemented currently, but a new workflow action to do so can be created, if sponsoring this upgrade (or any other) would be interesting and fitting for your project, then just send me a private message about it :slightly_smiling_face:

And thank you for the kind words! :blush:

1 Like

Hey all,

Has anyone experienced troubles with Postmark throwing an error when there are quotes within the JSON code?

How do I resolve that issue? Iā€™m assuming using :find&replace then regex, but not too sure about what regex code to use, but Iā€™m assuming the use of \ is probably needed to escape.

Anyone know of a way to hardcode this in to prevent this all together?

I donā€™t think you need regex, just find " then replace it for \" should be enough (:

1 Like

Thanks @vini_brito! Clearly I was overthinking it lol :joy:

1 Like

Hi @vini_brito, while exploring adding transactional style emails into our app, I can help but notice the positive energy around Postmark and your Plugin. Would you (or anyone) be able to point me in the right direction of any getting started documentation or videos working with your Plugin to send pleasantly designed emails to users (Workflows: only when certain logic is true)?

Thanks so much and keep up the great work,
Jason

Hello there,

Iā€™ve been using the Postmark plugin from @vini_brito, and it works great but here comes the question, is it safe to use the API workflow on a list to send emails to the user, so we can send a kind of newsletters, new features information, etc. and so?

Iā€™ve read in the forum that sometimes the API workflow on a list breaks and I donā€™t know if now this feature is more advance and does not affect the performance. Weā€™re talking about 500 users or fewer.

Thanks a lot people :slight_smile: .

I think that should be good if youā€™re scheduling an API workflow on a list, but you might want to also consider recursive workflows.

Thanks @johnny,

IĀ“ve seen the recursive workflows thing but how do you do that actually? Looks complicated.

Would you have any example to take a look at one?

I do use them, you do have to do it in a little hacky way, but I have about 6,000 users so scheduling on a list doesnā€™t work for me.

1 Like

Wow, 6000? ThatĀ“s impressive. Congratulations man.

Could you point me into a direction of those little hacky ways a bit?

I know how to run API workflows on a list of things but no more.

I talked about it a little in this thread. There are some drawbacks Iā€™ve noticed with it which is the scheduled workflow breaking up which is annoying.

Mmm so itĀ“s not quite the best option as you said in that post.

And do you know any software that integrates with Postmark for sending newsletters and that kind of things?

Thanks a lot.

For marketing emails, Iā€™m not sure of any software that integrates with Postmark, but you can check out EmailOctopus @andrewgassen actually suggested it on one of my threads, but one of their products allows you to use AWS SES not Postmark.

1 Like

You can have different workflow actions in the same workflow, each action only running in a certain condition, so youā€™ll only have one action being used.

Then, in each action you can have a different email body.
To have it nicely designed, you can use any online email builder and paste that email inside the ā€œHTML bodyā€ field.

P.S: Iā€™ve seen the idea of using templates around, in this case, it doesnā€™t uses Postmarkā€™s template tech. No need to, for some use cases like a newsletter or personalized news.

1 Like

Hi Vini,

Iā€™ve installed your plugin in the app, however, I am a little stumped on where to use it or how to get started using it in the API. Is there a thread anyone could point me to?

Thanks

Just use the workflow action, thereā€™s nothing else needed. Apart of entering your API key in the plugin tab.