Press Enter for submission using multiline input

Hi, I’m trying to build a comment input similar to facebook’s reply section. Currently I see the multi line input as the most suitable one to my UI since it has the stretch to fit function. I need it buttonless, so when my user press enter it triggers the submission. Is anyone can help?

4 Likes

Hey there @hanifyaskur,

Maybe you can use the Air Keyboard Shortcut plugin?

Unfortunately it doesn’t work, I’ve tried it myself. Devon also replied someone from his plugin review that Air Keyboard can’t change the way Bubble recognizes the “Enter” key. :thinking:

Hi there! have you figured out how to make this happen?

You can hit Ctrl-enter for a multi-line input. Otherwise, you would just need to use a single line, as the multi-line does not have the option to toggle the enter-submit option.

1 Like

if the chat extends to multiple lines, is there anything we can do in the single line input to expand it?

I am also having this problem. It seems like there is no way to tackle this simple problem. How do you use the ‘enter’ key to submit an input in a multiline form? I’m very curious if someone has another solution

Having the same issue here. Makes it pretty funky to require a ctrl+enter to submit on a multiline for a chat application.

Found a solution: 1T input watcher
Its exactly what you’ll need to use the ‘enter’ key to submit a text in a multiline input field. Perfect to use it in a chat environment. I’m using it for a chatbot.
Enter to submit and shift+enter to go to a new line.

2 Likes