Removing Text from list of text

Each user in my app has a list of text, called from a master list, that appears in a repeating group. I want to be able to have users remove any of these from their list without deleting it from the master list. I can make it so that they can delete the master, but I want to just delete it from their list, not the master.

1 Like

I believe this doesn’t work and I’m not sure why.

I think the way to do it is to make a type of call them AdvancedTexts. An advancedText is just a type with a field called Text which does exactly the same thing as a normal text field. Then, have the repeating group show a list of AdvancedTexts (Current User’s AdvancedTextList (a list of advanced texts, perhaps). Then, you can delete the advancedTexts from the list. For some reason, if you show an actual list of texts, you cannot delete them using the repeating group (as shown in the pic above).

Let me know if you have further questions.

1 Like

You want to modify the thing whose field is a list of text, and remove it from the field. What @dannycvega is trying to do won’t work, because it’s not modifying the thing, but a field.

1 Like

Worked perfectly! Thanks!

1 Like