Reset Page Data Source

Hello,

I have a page on my app that has a data source called “property.” The page can displayed with the date of several different properties. While viewing the page for one property, I’d like to be able to click on a link and have it reload and display the data of a different property. I assumed that would be easy, but I can’t figure out how to do it. I tried setting of a workflow that navigated to the same page with different data source, but, because it’s already on that page, it can’t navigate to it. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Why can’t you use the “display data in a group/popup” action and set the target element as your page?

That was my first thought, too. But, unfortunately, the page is not a group or a popup. It isn’t available to select. I think I’m going to have to do something more complicated with parameters or something like that. I just thought someone might know an easy solution.

You can’t reset a page’s data if that’s what you’re asking (I’m not even sure what that would mean - ‘reset’ usually means reset the data to what it was on page load, so if a page had data when it was loaded, resetting it would just reload the same data)…

I’m going to guess that what you’re actually trying to do is load the page without any data?..

If that’s the case, you can use Go To Page action to reload the page, but you’ll still need to include Data To Send… so just ensure that the expression you enter there (whilst it must evaluate to the correct type) results in an empty value.

Alternatively don’t set a page content-type… just use Group content instead.

No, I don’t think that’s it. I have a page called “property.” The data type of that page is also called “property.” I have many properties in my data base. When that page loads, it will display the data of one of those properties. I want to reload the page and switch which property’s data is displayed. Does that make sense?

In that case just use a GoTo page action and ‘send’ the new Property.

It seems like it would be that easy. But it doesn’t work. You can’t go to the same page and send the new property. Don’t know why, but that option isn’t available. But… I came up with a weird solution. I just created a dummy page called “redirect.” Gave that a data type of “property.” And had that page redirect back to my “property” page on page load, with the corrected data source. Works fine. I’m guessing there is a much easier way. But… I’ll use that for now. Thanks for your help.

It is that easy

But it doesn’t work.

It does work

You can’t go to the same page and send the new property.

Of course you can

by the way… I’m not just making this up… I know all of this for a fact and I tested it before posting my previous reply just to make doubly sure I’m not wrong (like I do with almost all my forum responses).

You’re obviously doing something wrong somewhere…

but, if you’ve found another way to do it then I guess that’s fine (obviously, your way will cost 2x as many page load WUs than the standard way, so I wouldn’t recommend it personally… but if it works it works…).

2 Likes

Hey, if I came off as frustrated, it wasn’t at you. I was just surprised it didn’t work. But… I figured out the problem. Waaaay more stupid than expected. I don’t even know how to explain (or want to). But you were right. It works. Thanks for your time. And… peace out!

1 Like