Scheduled Workflow API Emails: Logged in vs Logged Out

I have scheduled a workflow API email to go out when a button is clicked. This works no issue when the user is logged in, however when the user is logged out it does not send. Looking at the logs shows that the ‘List to run on’ is blank when the user is logged out.

Note on that I have selected 'This API can be run without authentication" so that the user does not need to be logged in.

I would like the API to run whether or not the user is logged in.

1 Like

Hey @smyfdesign :wave:

Thanks for the post and great question! This sounds like a privacy rule issue. I recognize that you’ve set the backend workflow to ignore privacy rules, but they could still be effecting your ability to successfully schedule the workflow at the start.

By any chance, are you using a schedule on a list action on the front end? If so, this is happening outside the run of the actual backend workflow and if the list of items are protected by privacy rules, you wouldn’t be able to find records to pass in successfully.

If you need to find the records, and they’re protected, you could also handle the search on the backend as well. An easy way to do this would be to have two backend workflows. One that acts as a trigger, does the search and schedules the existing backend workflow on the resulting list.

Give it a try and don’t hesitate to reach out with any additional questions to Support@Bubble.io

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.