Sending primary field data to a different database

I am very appreciative for any help someone can offer!

I have tried many different ways and researched this but have not come up with a solution.

I have 2 databases that are linked;

venues has a players relationship and players has a venue relationship

I have a pop up to create a new player that creates a new players database entry.

I need the player name to be added to the Venues-Players database entry for the current venue.

I have been able to replace an entry by using :first or :last but I want to add the entry and I can’t get it to work.

Here is how I think it should be done but I need to add more functions than should be required. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you again for any help

What you are trying to save is a Thing of another type, it’s expecting that thing’s data to be passed. Right now how it’s working if it’s working the way I think it is, then its expecting the Player entry and right now you are passing just text to it.

So 2 things need to happen for it to work, I recreated your Things and this is how I have it set up;
1: Need to do a search for players where the name matches;

Second, instead of an Add, you need an Add List since it’s expecting a list. It will only add the one player that matches the name (or any that would match the name)

Venuplayer2

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

1 Like

Thanks for the response! That worked! I’m still trying to figure out the logic behind it but it’s working properly. Which leads me to my next item I’m stumped on. It added the item and I want to display that list back to the user. I’m using the RepeatingGroup to display this and that’s fine but I want each list item to be in it’s own cell but it’s showing like this.

How can make each list item be in it’s own cell?

This is tricky but easily done, I literally did it yesterday lol.

As silly as it sounds, you need a repeating group inside a repeating group.
I added a repeating group in a repeating group and set it to 1 column, set the source to Current Cell’s things, added the text of what I wanted it to show;

And voila, instead of commas you get lines. You can then format however you would like.

Thanks again!

So, I’ve been trying to figure this out on my own and I can’t get it…here’s my setup

And when I inspect the page, it’s showing the right output but I’m not getting the text to appear on the page. Any thoughts?

I have the exact same issue all the time.

Are you able/willing to share your editor link and make it to where I can take a look? It’s gotta be something simple

No problem. Here you go.
Page URL

Thanks for the help!

Your repeating group in the repeating group doesn’t have a source,

It should be set to Current Cell’s Players

It won’t allow me to only choose Current cell’s Players, I have to keep on going with the function and then I get lost. What do I need to follow that with?

Oh, the initial repeating group doesn’t have data source logic either, I’m guessing that’s the reason why. There’s nothing in the cell to select from yet.

Got it! Thanks for all your help!