Sort a repeating group

Hi,

I want to sort a repeating group by name, and I’ve tried it, but even if I sort it by creation date it doesn’t change the order.

I already tried “descending” in “yes” and “no”, and it always shows me the same order.

Thanks in advance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @hacker,

All you need to do is in your data type of your repeating group, if you use the Do a search for… method, just simply add a field to sort, in your case it’d be the name field, you can choose descending is no for it to sort least to greatest or A-Z vice versa.

Let me know if this helped!

Thanks

I already tried that, but it still appears the same. Regardless of the “yes” or “no” in the descending. :frowning:

I really don´t know why. If you know another way, please tell me. :slight_smile:

But anyway thanks

How many pieces of data do you have in your database with that type?

as from what i see you need to use :filter or :soring at RepeatingGroupPatient filter
try Search for Patients:filter

This should be working as you’ve laid out. If you share additional screenshots of your data types and results, or just read access to your app we’ll be able to diagnose the issue.

I had not realized that I did not have the “sort” configured in the “display list” of repeating group. Now it works perfectly.

Sorry for so much confusion.

Thank you all. :grinning: :computer:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.