Stripe Bubble Plugin - Register Seller Connect to Existing Stripe Account

I am trying to use the bubble stripe plugin to register a seller…so far it seems like it is working, however, if the user has an existing stripe account, I see no way of connecting to an existing account, it only seems to require the seller to create a new stripe account.

Is it possible with the bubble stripe plugin which seems to require the use of the standard stripe connect?

When I fill out the form but use my existing stripe account email and password I get this error message

and see no way of signaling to use that account instead of creating a new one.

Okay, so I have finally found this “Already Have an Account Login” at the top right in tiny little letters

Clicked it, signed in, but the entire form was still required to fill in! Why? Wouldn’t logging into an existing account fill the form with all information from that account and enable the Authorize this account button to be pressed?

I am trying to figure out the best way to make it so that users don’t drop off because of bad UX/UI from Stripe not making it easier to be signed up as a seller using an existing stripe account.

Has anybody had any luck doing this with the Bubble Plugin?

No, same thing here.

Also, using an existing stripe account, when back on my app, I don’t succeed in retrieving the User ‘s Stripe account’ ID … Did you succeed on your side ?

Unfortunately I did not…seems a stripe issue

hum ok, I see… So how are doing the other Bubble makers with their marketplace ? I guess, at least for some of them, it’s working…

@emmanuel , sorry for the noise but… do you know if there’s any investigation around Stripe and the Bubble’ Stripe plugin for sellers registration ? It’s a bit blocking my project… Thanks ! :slight_smile:

I think other users are doing the more complex set up using web hooks, APIs and other plugins. But from what I am seeing, it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the bubble plugin, but rather an issue with the way Stripe allows us to access the user Stripe Account based on the fact there are two different ways to do it.

What’s srtange is that we don’t get any error during the user registration process…
And there’s a way to get the the user account ID (get the code parameter from the returned URL), but as long as the user is not connected to the stripe accound, that’s of no interest.

Weird… And really blocking… :confused:

Well, ok. I think I got the reason… Using Stripe.js plugin to register the seller, I got the following error message :

{
“error”: {
“message”: "Connect platforms based in FR must create Custom accounts via account tokens. For documentation on account tokens, see https://stripe.com/docs/connect/account-tokens.",
“type”: “invalid_request_error”
}
}

That means that the Bubble plugin can’t be used for seller registration, as long as they provide support only for Standard account. Maybe the same for any Bubble app based in UE.

F**k !