Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

What's your portable machine of choice?

Hi Bubblers!

I’m interested in learning what portable machines you all are using to build your Bubble apps and other creative content on. I know there’s going to be a variety of answers depending on your profession and goals, but I’m in the market for an affordable laptop that can handle a few Adobe CC applications running at once (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop) and Bubble.

I don’t edit 4k footage, nor are my AE compositions all that extensive (just lower thirds and simple text animations), but I do often have all of these things going at once. Plus the usual email, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. I compress, transfer, download and upload files multiple times a day: file sizes ranging between 100MB - 5GB.

I have a primary iMac with 2nd monitor that gets the job fully done, but I’m very very interested in a remote counterpart to do the same. Been looking at Macbook Pros with Retina, maxed out on ram, with SSD - 13 or 15 inch. Not sure. I don’t want a million-dollar, hundred-pound machine… but I understand what I require will not be found in budget laptops (netbooks, chrome books, etc).

I’m also generally just interested in what everyone’s using and liking these days.

Thanks!

1 Like

Ditch Adobe and go Chromebook!

If editing videos wasn’t part of my job description, then I’d really consider it. Unless you know of a powerful web-based editor that can compete with Premiere or Final Cut…

1 Like

I had a 13" Macbook Air for a couple of years, which straddled the portability/power tradeoff well. But then I didn’t do much video work, mostly back end database/reporting tools.

The 11" was just too tiny for me. The Pros too heavy.

But as above, I now choose Chromebook, and then find the tools. Stuff like Pixlr/Canva do a lot, but I doubt you will get Premiere levels of cloud tool.

A Chromebook is what I want, but until it can support Adobe CC properly, it will remain a dream.

I love my Surface 2, a little underpower now, but the new ones or the Surface Book won’t let you down.

MBP at least 15 :slight_smile:

1 Like