WUreducer - Reduce your Workload Units

Hi there, seems to working fine here: coalias.com

I hit the same issue, this is for the WU Reducer domain:

Pay yourself more @gaimed :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha. I forgot to upgrade to a paid plan. Will do tomorrow :wink:

2 Likes

Site is up again!

Hey Ab, a mutual customer mentioned your post about Bubble rate limiting WUreducerā€¦ I had to check this thread to confirm for myself and sure enough - that seems to be what youā€™ve said.

Can you share detail about what that means? Were they rate limiting WUreducerā€™s handshake (in the API connector) at time of caching? Were they perhaps rate limiting the retrieval of cached content at time of client request? Or perhaps (I believe your service periodically checks a Bubble endpoint for the most up to date data returned from a particular workflow) where they rate limiting your cache renewal mechanism? Something else?

Asking because Iā€™m trying to figure out if the rate limiting behavior is reasonable or something new that would be good for us other devs to be aware of. Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

The rate limiting is happening on anyything thats hitting bubble from our service.

For CoAlias we have 100+ servers in 5 data centers so we dont have this problem. But for Wu reducer I didnt do this initially. But my logs showed that we where hitting the 429.

Bubble said they donā€™t have enough engineering resources to solve this and these 429 (rate limiting) and 503 are expected behavior (from cloudflare waf)

3 Likes

Hi @gaimed ā€“ the only thing Iā€™d love to have with WUreducer would be to reset the cache with a webhook once a new item is added.

Alternatively, would it work well if I had the cache set differently for the same call in different pages? E.g., for a job board, Iā€™d like employers to have a realtime view of their jobs but for our public pages for browsing jobs weā€™d like to have cached results. Would it work well if I set the cache to be different for each page?

Hey, iā€™ve been trying to access the wureducer website, but it just shows a blank page. Been a couple days now. the API still works, but I was just wondering whatā€™s up?

3 Likes

Is this still working?

Is there any update on this @gaimed? Weā€™re using the WU Reducer, but itā€™s pretty concerning that your website is still down.

1 Like
1 Like

Hi there,

I shut down signups and the bubble app. Will integrate wu reducer into pagerabbit. It will keep working untill I annouce a shutdown.

Regards,

Ab

2 Likes