Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

#1 Are you printing an element or the page? I’ve only worked with an element. Trying to print a webpage is going to be harder, imho.

#2 I don’t think it will work well on mobile. My element size is static.

#3 My experience is with Letter size, not A4, but the principles are the same for custom formatting. It took me many hours of trial and error to get the proportions correct. In my case, the custom target format is 815,1055 Multiple pages has its own wrinkles to figure out.

#4 Version 1.27 is the latest version that has good quality. Versions after 1.27 have worse quality. So you may try to roll back to 1.27 to test.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the tips

1 Like

Just Updated and images are no longer being converted.

Hello, @timzafir .
Please accept my apologies for the late reply.

Our plugin demo page includes regular images (placed into an image element) and HTML images (SVG/PNG/etc) - no issues on our side, the PDF file is converting normally with images inside.

Can you please tell a bit more detail what exact trouble you have? What is your use case and setup? With more details, we are able to provide support.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Hello,
thank you very much for the support you provide.

I am struggling to convert a single element as a pdf , I have used exactly the same setting I have used for another page where the plug-in is working fine. but the file on the new page did not start downloading on my browser. after I traced the debugger I find out that no file has been uploaded to the AWS. - I have checked auto save and upload to AWS -.

how could I solve this?

Exact same setting. Including the ID Attribute? If you haven’t already, try changing the ID attribute to a different name.

Also, I had a similar problem, and couldn’t figure out why it didn’t work. So I copied the first element that did work, and then modified it to what I wanted in the second element. You could try that.

1 Like

Thank you for your response mr. Robert.

I have changed the ID.
and tried to copy the working element with its workflow to the new page, but it did not work for me.

Since it is on a new page, did you put the Bubble Page to PDF plugin element on the new page? And make sure you are referencing this element.

yes I did

Hmmm. Tricky problem. Try copying the working element but leave it on the same page to see if it works there. This may help diagnose the issue. Good luck.

Yes I tried to copy the working element with it’s workflow on the same working page and it’s working fine.

the only difference is that on the new page I am trying to convert a group ( with the background style = image ) when I changed it to flat color white it did work.

I tried to put the picture within the group and not as BG this is the result I had.
very blurry- low quality document.

the image format is SVG

I’ve had similar problems with blurriness. To solve this, I rolled back the plugin to version 1.27 (which I think would require other settings changes if you are using the current version).

If rolling back is not an option, you could try changing the dimensions of the image (trial and error) to see if that helps, or changing it into several smaller images to see if that allows for less distortion.

1 Like

unfortunately rolling back to older version is not suitable for us, since the last update is solving a problem we face with Arabic documents.

I did use smaller .SVG images - only two - on the corners.
this is the result. not a good quality for a certificate document :frowning:

Yes, I see. Unfortunately, rolling back to 1.27 is the only way I am aware of to improve the quality to an acceptable level.

Two bits of feedback and notes for developers looking to use this plugin:

1- You have to scale back to 1.27 to get clear pdf exports. It doesn’t seem like it changes much functionality wise so not the end of the world. Otherwise, I was really surprised to see how blurry documents were coming out, they are pretty much unusable in any professional business environment unless you scale back to 1.27

2- No way to dynamically adjust the pdf output height to the element height. I planned on using this for invoices where repeating group amounts vary greatly, but because I have to specify the exact output dimensions before in the workflow this is impossible.

I was unaware of these limitations when purchasing this so I thought I’d make a post to aware others. No slight on zeroqode, I should have done more research!

@ZeroqodeSupport
We are problem here!
The “Bubble Page to PDF converter” plugin simply stopped working today, without any changes being made!
It does not present an error message, but it does not generate the PDF.
The problem occurs in both the Live and Dev versions.

Hello, @ribeiro.osmar. Thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid, we do not encounter any alike issues at the moment. The plugin works well on our test demo page and our user’s apps (which we had a chance to test just now), on the latest version, and on the 1.27 version as well.

It seems like those were temporary issues with the plugin’s server-side. Can you please check now and tell me if you still face this trouble? Please make sure you have given a few seconds to the plugin to generate the page. :pray:

Regards

I just tested mine (v 1.27) and it is working fine.

1 Like

Here we are using the latest version, 1.49.

The problem is with CORS.

Same here!!