👍 More than just clean URLs!

I finally got around to taking a little closer look at the SEO potential of the Sudsy Page plugin (which helps address @vladlarin’s question), and the results are quite promising - at least with respect to Google, specifically. After upgrading my Bubble plan, registering a new property, and verifying ownership through the Google search console, following is what Google reports…

I haven’t actually submitted the page for indexing (since I’ve yet to configure a custom domain), but Google says it will work. :wink:

I have, however, confirmed that Google does indeed crawl the content unique to the URL - i.e. the stuff fetched or generated dynamically by Bubble - even though the different “visitor pages” are technically “generated by” the same Bubble page. Needless to say, this is all very encouraging. (Woohoo!)

In addition to the SEO benefits and those listed in the product description (human-friendly, bookmarkable, UX, performance, etc.), using Sudsy Page also aligns well with the design guidelines outlined by @vlad in his excellent article.

Using Sudsy Page has allowed me to strike a good balance between a single-page app and working with numerous Bubble pages. I have separate “sections” of my site - e.g. a blog and user account section, for instance. Those are just 2 Bubble pages but constitute numerous visitor pages. I’ve found it helps me with app structure and maintenance.

I also think it has the potential to reduce server load for heavily used portions of a site such as a dashboard (although I have no quantitative data as yet to support that hypothesis).

Anyway, just wanted to follow up on the SEO issue and pass along the good news. :grin:

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

Hey @sudsy ,

What’s the best way forward when it comes to submitting sitemaps for SPA sites powered by your plugin?

Any help here? What are people doing to crawl all the dynamically-generated URLs?

Thanks!

Hi @pavilaflores,

I’m not an SEO expert. Personally, I don’t obsess over SEO but rather take a “common sense” approach by simply using links for navigation (as opposed to workflows) for “important” URLs.

I might, for instance, use a Bubble Link element styled to look like a button instead of an actual Button element if it navigates to a “critical” view in the SPA (such as a user profile as an example).

That’s because doing so results in actual link elements (anchor tags) on the page, which search engines like Google can “detect” to glean information about the page and site structure.

Of course, I also use a consistent and logical structure for my URLs.

I’ve yet to create a sitemap but might do so some day for certain sites. I guess it would be a largely manual process requiring submission directly to search engines, but I have nothing to share on the process at this point.

Anyway, good luck!

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @sudsy ,

I’ve gone away and submitted it manually for now!

For a sitemap, I created a data field to save the information that will be setup for the sitemap, such as the link in the correct format on the datatype I am focused on adding to my sitemap. From there I do a download CSV to get those fields into a CSV file, followed by copy paste into my code editor (Sublime Text) to format into a proper XML sitemap format. Then I save the sitemap, upload it to my Bubble app and then submit it to Google.