📅[New Plugin] Air Calendar (FullCalendar)

Thank you @ZeroqodeSupport , but I meant in the resources no events. Something like in the screenshot below. (One represented as black squares - above mentioned columns being the resources).

Hello @teamprogresscomplete,

Thank you for your message.

We’re delighted to know that our previous advice was beneficial for enhancing your app. :blush:

Regarding your second question, absolutely, you can make the Calendar element’s background color transparent. This can be easily achieved within the element’s settings by removing any color attributes:

Alternatively, if you prefer to do this within the HTML element itself, you can set its background color to transparent by adding the following CSS:

<style>
  #calendarTest{
    background-color: transparent !important;
  }
</style>

We hope this information proves to be helpful to you as well. Should you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Wishing you the best, :pray:
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @nocode8 ,
Thank you for your suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:.

but I meant in the resources no events. Something like in the screenshot below. (One represented as black squares - above mentioned columns being the resources).

Kindly note that we provide general support and fix issues related to the default plugin configuration, and we don’t provide custom services at the Support Team.

Thank you for the suggestions, we will add it to the list of plugin improvements and check if it’s feasible and if the plugin library allows us to implement these changes - we will notify you once there are any updates but can’t provide any timeframes.

If you have any other plugin-related questions please let us know. We are here to help you!
Wishing you the best, :pray:
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello! After playing around with this more, I just wanted to boost one more time about adding the feature of recurring/repeating events with the functionality used by FullCalendar mentioned above that allows the calendar to render these events without having to create duplicates in the database.

My current use case is for music schools, which basically only use recurring events, having weekly lessons for students. But, I know that lots of business make use of weekly/bi-weekly/monthly appointments for example schools, tutoring centers, fitness/personal training, counseling centers, dance studios, health clinics, beauty/spa services etc.

This functionality is definitely doable with backend workflows, but in real life use cases can be very taxing on your workload units. Since schedulers need to be able to plan and make changes to recurring events often months in advance (Jimmy isn’t going to make his music lesson on April 9th and June 11th) I cannot make events on a week by week basis, but need to generate up to a years worth at once. This in itself is not too difficult, although taxing to create and render for a school with 200 weekly students (this is a smaller school), but this can get heavy fast when these events need to be edited. If you edit the title/resource/start time/end time etc. of one of these recurring events, you need to edit all of them. I am already noticing this slowing down my app a lot and even reached my maximum capacity usage playing around with it.

So in conclusion, after spending several hours with this amazing plugin, I just wanted to share my use case and how this feature would definitely be useful for me, but potentially also for lots of other use cases. :pray:

(p.s. I’ve been using bubble for a while but am by no means a professional. If you know of a more efficient way to use your plugin with my use case, I am all ears)

Thank you for your insightful feedback regarding the need for a recurring/repeating events feature within for the Air Calendar. We understand the importance of such a feature for use cases similar to yours.

In response, we have forwarded your request to our development team for further evaluation and potential implementation. While we cannot provide an exact timeline for this development at the moment, we will ensure to keep you updated with any progress.

Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Wishing you an excellent week ahead!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thanks so much for the consideration and all you guys do for the bubble community :pray:

1 Like

Hey @teamprogresscomplete,

You are very welcome, :slightly_smiling_face:

Feel free to reach out in case you have other Zeroqode product-related questions or if you need some assistance. :pray:

All the best!
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello @teamprogresscomplete ,

Hope you’re doing well. :raised_hands:

We’re reaching out to address a concern you raised about encountering duplicate style attributes when multiple Air Calendar elements are present on your page.

Following a discussion with our development team, we’ve decided to include your suggestion in our list of Plugin ideas. Unfortunately, at this moment, we cannot provide a specific timeline for when this enhancement will be implemented.

However, it’s important to note that you currently have the capability to modify the style attributes of Air Calendar elements. This can be achieved by adding an HTML element to your table and assigning a unique ID attribute to each element.

To make these changes, you can use the browser’s Inspect Element feature. Simply hover over the Air Calendar element you wish to customize, and within the Style tab, experiment with various CSS options. Once you’ve identified the desired styling, incorporate the class name and CSS attributes into your HTML element through the editor.

To gain a better understanding and to see these adjustments in action, please visit our test page.

We hope you find this information useful. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or require additional support.

Wishing you a great day ahead! :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hey guys, am getting the below show more events opening under another element further down the page …

1 Like

Hi!

1. Does the “is loading” state currently work? And if so could you clarify what it means as I couldn’t find any details in the documentation. I thought this condition would return yes if the calendar was still loading events, and no if it was not loading events. However it seems to just return no, without any relation to what the calendar is loading. I was hoping to use this state with a loading screen and a conditional workflow, which would automatically hide the loading when the calendar’s “is loading’” is “no.”

2. I am having trouble with the “render” and “re-render” air calendar events. They seem to just not do anything. I have a calendar with loaded events, and triggering the actions does nothing. Events are not reloaded neither is the calendar re-rendered. Could you confirm these two actions are working on your end? And if so, could I be doing something wrong? My workflow is as simple as a refresh button that when pressed should refresh the calendar, but neither of these actions seems to be working.

For more specifics, I came across this issue because I had a workflow that creates 5 appointments at once, making use of backend workflows. However, the events only show up on the calendar if I refresh the page. I was hoping these two actions would help, but as mentioned above they don’t seem to change anything about the calendar, and definitely don’t re-render the calendar in the same manner as when the page is loaded, since when I refresh the page, the events are displayed!

Here is a loom video of the above example, of the rendering actions not doing anything. render events not working | Loom

Hello @EAGeth,

Thank you for your message and purchase.

Would it be convenient for you to provide more details regarding your use case?

Namely, screenshots and screencasts of your workflow setup, plugin element, the issue you see, and the expected result, for screencast recording I can suggest using the Loom tool.

Please record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console enabled, in case there are any error messages there, and share a link with us so we can understand better your use case.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.

Best regards, :slightly_smiling_face:
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you for your message.

Regarding your inquiry about the “Is loading” state, this feature is currently not in use and will be removed in the upcoming update of the plugin. However, the Calendar element typically loads almost instantly. If desired, you can implement a custom animation for a brief duration of 1-2 seconds.

As for your question on render and re-render actions, these commands are used to initially display the calendar, or, if it’s already visible, to update it. This means that events are automatically displayed at the start. You would use these actions if you need to update the calendar deliberately. Also you can read more about them on the library documentation here: render and re-render.

Furthermore, could you please provide details on how you set up the action to incorporate new events into your calendar? If you’re adding them to the database, they should be reflected immediately in your calendar element without the need to refresh the page or invoke the re-render action.

We hope you find this information useful. If you have any further questions or if there’s anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Ah alright thanks!

Yes that - “if you need to update the calendar deliberately” - is exactly what I am trying to do. And yes I did read everything about them in the documentation! But as you can see in the video, neither of these actions appears to do anything when triggered.

As for my specific action where the newly created events are only displayed after the page is refreshed, maybe the trouble is that this action specifically creates a new event for each resource. And yes as you mentioned every other one of my workflows which creates a new event results in the calendar automatically showing the new event which is awesome! This is the only exception, and again the only difference I know of is the resources. So perhaps there is a chink in the resources when it comes to automatically displaying events?

Please see the loom video in my previous post to see the demonstration of the events only loading after the page is refreshed, and neither the “render” nor the “re-render” actions doing anything when triggered by the refresh icon on my calendar.

Thank you for your message and for providing the description of your workflow.

We’ve conducted further tests to understand how the plugin behaves when creating new events for different rooms and were unable to replicate the issue on our end. Given that the functionality appears to be working as intended here, we’d like to suggest a few troubleshooting steps that could help identify and potentially resolve the discrepancy:

1. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies: Cached data can sometimes cause unexpected behaviors in web applications. A fresh start by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies often helps resolve such issues.

2. Ensure you’re using the latest version of the Zeroqode Calendar plugin: Compatibility and functionality issues can arise from using outdated versions of our plugins.

3. Double-check the plugin configuration: Pay special attention to the settings related to event rendering and resource management. A slight misconfiguration could be the root of the problem you’re facing.

4. Inspect how resources are associated with events: It’s crucial to ensure that the linkage between events and their respective resources is correctly implemented, as the issue may be related to how resources are handled.

5. Try using different web browsers: The issue might be browser-specific. Testing the functionality in different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) can help determine if this is the case.

6. Check for conflicts with other plugins or scripts: Other plugins or custom scripts might conflict with the calendar’s behavior. Temporarily disabling these could help ascertain if there’s an interference causing the issue.

Additionally, we kindly ask if you could record a video in step-by-step mode with the browser’s console visible, capturing everything from the moment you open the page, add new events, and navigate through your workflow. This could provide us with more insights into your specific use case and any error messages that may appear.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation, we are looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport !

I found a new little bug.
If you set any condition that changes the maximum time, every time this condition is met, the maximum time changes to 24:00 instead of respect the limitation.

When the above condition is met:

Can you please take a loot?

Thanks!

Not sure what’s going on here but events don’t load in the most recent plugin update…

Here is a screen-recording of loading the same page with version 2.83.0 and 2.84.0

FIXED: Leaving this up in case anyone has the same problem. Events were not loading unless the 4 newly added fields in the recurring section are created, and then filled out. Fortunately I tried this sooner than later and didn’t send this update into the live app :sweat_smile:

You guys added recurring events?! :astonished: :astonished: Cant wait to try this out!!! :pray: :pray:
Screenshot_2-4-2024_13334_bubble.io

1 Like

Hello @rpetribu,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have conducted tests on a test page by setting a condition that modifies the Minimum and Maximum time settings for the Calendar element. In our tests, we didn’t encounter the issue you described. When the condition is applied, both the Minimum and Maximum time settings of the Air Calendar are updated accordingly.

To further investigate and pinpoint the cause of the discrepancy in your case, could you please provide additional details about your setup? Specifically, we would appreciate if you could share:

• Screenshots and screencasts detailing your workflow setup and the plugin element configurations.
  • A step-by-step video demonstrating the issue, starting from when you open the app, initiate the workflow that should apply the condition, and then showcasing the outcome. It’s important to review each action within the workflow in this video to identify where the problem might lie.
  • Check for any errors in the browser console and include them in your feedback.

This information will greatly assist us in understanding your specific scenario and offering a more tailored solution. :pray:

Thank you for your message and for bringing this to our attention.

You’re right about the fields for recurring events, they are indeed intended for a future release and were not meant to be included in version 3.84.0 Please, for the time being, revert to using version 3.83.0 We will notify you as soon as the updated features are available and fully functional. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. :pray:

Regarding the implementation of recurring events, please know that our development team is actively working on this feature. We have to make sure everything else will work seamlessly with the new improvement. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you once again, and we’re looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @ZeroqodeSupport :+1:

I found that the condition that I was using was causing come issues with the plugin.

The condition, as you can see, was basically checking if the selected date was above an arbitraty date/time. This was showing a “circular reference error” in my console… what does not make sense to me…

I started to salve the selected date inside a custom state and change the condition to start looking to this custom state instead of the Air Calendar itself… worked.

Alright! Is this also the case for 3.85.0? Sorry I’m too excited for this feature